When to keep your mouth shut:
- In the heat of anger: Pro 14:17.
- When you don’t have all the facts: Pro 18:13.
- When you haven’t verified the story: Deu 17:6.
- If your words will offend a weaker person: 1Co 8:11.
- When it is time to listen: Pro 13:1.
- When you are tempted to make light of holy things: Ecc 5:2.
- When you are tempted to joke about sin: Pro 14:9.
- If you would be ashamed of your words later: Pro 8:8.
- If your words would convey the wrong impression: Pro 17:27.
- If the issue is none of your business: Pro 14:10.
- When you are tempted to tell an outright lie: Pro 4:24.
- If your words would damage someone else’s reputation: Pro 16:27.
- If your words will damage a friendship: Pro 16:28.
- When you are feeling critical: Jam 3:9.
- If you can’t say it without screaming it: Pro 25:28.
- If your words will be a poor reflection of the Lord or your friends or family: 1Pe 2:21-23.
- If you may have to eat your words later: Pro 18:21.
- If you have already said it more than one time: Pro 19:13.
- When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person: Pro 24:24.
- When you are supposed to be working instead: Pro 14:23
“Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles”: Pro 21:23.
Firstly, I am thankful to the person who posted this. Secondly, I want to state that I have violated most if not ALL of these and ashamed is an understatement Thirdly, I verified all verses myself—this is legit. Fourthly, I need to repent—the sorrow I am feeling is too much.
Lastly, all verses impacted me but there were two that affected me the most.
Proverbs 16:28 “A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends.”
I am no saint—let me say that outright—but you see this gossip thing? Maybe if some of us were slow to speak and quick to listen and consider all things maybe…just maybe we would have been friends today. I have tried so hard to not contribute to gossip. A conscious effort was made every time and still is made today. But I was always in the room. I never left. I witnessed it. I even said a few things. I never spoke out against it. Well maybe just one little protest. ONE. Therefore, I am GUILTY by association.
Proverbs 14:10 “Each heart knows its own bitterness and no one else can share its joy.”
That was other one.